Friday 21 October 2011

Using the Hair Modifier

I choose to use the hair modifier tool as I felt that it gave my head model much more detail. To use the hair modifier I selected it from the modifier list and applied it to the head. Using the polygon mode I could now select the polygons that I wanted the hair to grow from.

The process can be seen below:


Now that the correct hair polygons had been selected I could now select the style hair from the style hair modifier panel. This would then transfer all the hair onto the selected polygons.

Image of style panel:



Using the comb tool made the hair flatten onto the head. It could now be styled into my general hair style using the brush and scissor tool to shape and trim selected areas.
Once I was happen with the overall positioning of the hair I could now use the hair length and colour tool under the general parameters setting.  



Below is an image of the hair before rendering:


To give the head more realistic detail I used the same process of the eyebrows and the eye lashes. The hair colour was changed to a deeper black colour than the hair and modified to appear a lot shorter. I selected the polygons on the eyebrows were I wanted the hair to grow from and began the same process as above.

Selecting eyebrow polygons:


Creating Eyebrows and Styling:



I also applied the same process to create eye lashes from around the eye:

No comments:

Post a Comment